Bruschetta Chicken Stuffed Avocados
Avocados make the perfect snack bowls. Therefore, stuffing them full of bruschetta chicken was one of easiest decisions we've ever made. You don't need to take off the skin completely — we just think it's super pretty that way. Plus, it make it's easier to to attack with a fork and knife. Let go!
- 3 avocados, halved and pits removed
- ½ Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 c. cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Balsamic glaze, for garnish
- Thinly sliced basil, for garnish
- Remove skin from avocados then squeeze lemon juice all over to prevent browning.
- In a large bowl mix together chicken, tomatoes, red onion, oil, and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper
- Spoon mixture into avocados then drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with basil to serve.