Classic Lasagna recipe is a classic dinner idea that everyone should have in their recipe arsenal. Tender sheets of pasta smothered in a meaty tomato sauce and cheesy filling – what’s not to love? Let’s go to the kitchen with iHownow
When layers of cheesy lasagna come together flawlessly, that’s amore! Pile on beefy marinara sauce, delicious noodles, and a blend of cheeses, then kick back and let this lasagna do the bakin'. This classic Italian dinner is easy to whip up and even easier to call your go-to comfort food.
- ½ large white onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ pound ground beef*
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 9 ounces oven ready lasagna noodles
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, sauté the garlic, diced onion, and diced red pepper until translucent. Push all the veggies to the side of pan, creating a ring of vegetables.
- Add the meat in the middle. Cook the meat and while it’s cooking use a straight edge spatula to break up the meat into small pieces. Once no pink meat remains, stir the vegetables and meat together and cook for another 3 minutes. Add oregano, salt, tomato sauce, red wine, and water. Cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 13 x 9″ casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan, eggs, basil, and herbs, stirring together until well mixed.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce in the casserole dish. Place a layer of the lasagna noodles in a flat layer over the sauce. Spread about 1/2 cup of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, followed by about 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce. Repeat until you run out of ricotta, ending with noodles topped with sauce. Spread the mozzarella cheese over the last layer.
- Cover the pan tightly with tinfoil and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes. Allow to cool before serving!