Raw Vegan Recipes - Collard Wraps
Raw vegan recipes are perfect when you want to eat healthily and detox your body from heavy meals or processed food. These collard wraps are going to be your new favorite healthy lunch. Ready in minutes and bursting with flavors from the avocados, red pepper, alfalfa, pecans, and tamari mix. Gluten-Free & Paleo too.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 large collard leaves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- 2-3 ounces alfalfa sprouts
- ½ lime
- 1 cup of raw pecans
- 1 tamari use coconut aminos for paleo version
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- To prepare collard leaves wash leaves, cut off the white stem at the bottom that has no leaves and place them in a bath of warm water with the juice of half a lemon. Let soak for 10 minutes. Dry the leaves off with paper towels, and using a knife thinly slice down the central root (to make it easier to bend the leaves for wrapping).
- Slice avocado and pepper.
- In a food processor combine pecans, tamari, cumin (or garlic ginger mix), and olive oil. Pulse until combined and mixture clumps together.
- Place a collard leaf in front of you and layer nut mix, red pepper slices, avocado slices, a drizzle of lime juice, and alfalfa sprouts. Fold over the top, bottom, and then wrap up the sides. Slice in half and serve.
Nutritional Info Per 2 Collard Wraps (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 293 Total carbs: 13.2g Dietary fiber: 8.5g Protein 6g