Stuffed Bitter Melon Soup is a popular soup in many Asian countries. According to the taste of each person and each area, this soup is modified in many ways such as egg bitter soup, shrimp bitter melon soup, vegetarian bitter melon … very rich in nutrition and easy to cook. In addition, bitter melon also has a special meaning for the Asian New Year, they think that if they eat a Stuffed Bitter Melon Soup at the beginning of the year will dispel the misfortune of the old year, and to welcome the new year with more luck.
Stuffed Bitter Melon Soup
- 1 kg Bitter melon
- 500 grams Ground Pork
- 50 grams Mushroom (wood ear)
- 50 grams Rice noodle
- 2 Eggs
- Spices: shallot, garlic, ground pepper, scallions, cooking oil, salt, sugar, fish sauce.
- - Cut off the ends of bitter melon (bitter melon), cut about 7-8 cm long, using a small spoon to remove the intestine. Soak bitter water with diluted salt water for about 10 minutes and rinse well- Soak the wood ear fungus with warm water for about 5 minutes to make the mushrooms bloom, then cut off the root, chop finely.- Dried onions, peeled, and minced garlic. Scallions washed and chopped.
- Mix ground pork with spices including garlic, finely chopped onions with salt, and fish sauce to taste. Then you add mushroom, eggs, and mix well. You stuffed the core into the bitter melon.
- Add water to the pot to eat and then boil, then season with salt, fish sauce, sugar, and taste. Add stuffed bitter melon and cook in 20 minutes is finished. When ripe, you make a bowl of soup and garnish with chopped scallions, add ground pepper to enjoy.