Sweet Tamarind, Honey BBQ Beef
This sticky-sweet saucy beef is so delicious, and makes a fantastic quick meal. I created this on a whim one evening and it turned out really well.
- 200 g thin beef steaks, sliced into fine thin strips
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- Cooking oil / spray oil (I used coconut)
- 1.5 tbsp tamarind sauce
- ½ tbsp Char Siu sauce, (I used Lee Kum Lee brand)
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- ½ tbsp red chilli flakes or some to personal taste
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and set aside. Heat some oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add in the bell pepper and fry for around 2 minutes. Add the beef strips and stir-fry for a further couple of minutes until browned on the outside. Add half the spring onions (reserving some greens), and the chopped garlic.
- Fry for around 20 seconds until fragrant then spoon in the sauce, allow saucing to sizzle and melt for a few seconds that then remove from the heat and toss the beef and peppers in the sauce until coated evenly.
- Serve up and garnish with the remaining spring onions.